Do Hangover Cures Really Work?
Some hangover cures actually do work. Having only one more alcohol drink looks like a nice idea at that time, right? However, overdrinking can lead you to question your judgment seriously in the next morning! Polyuria, memory problems, decreased appetite, loss of interest, headache, nausea, vomiting, and a nasty case of cotton mouth can make the heartiest partier even swear off the sauce! At least until the next time!
What is Veisalgia?
Alcohol hangover, or veisalgia as a medical term, is a group of annoying symptoms and signs that can develop after drinking a lot of alcohol. In general, the more alcohol people drink, the more likely they become hangovers the next morning. However, there is no rule to tell them how much they can drink safely and still avoid being hangovers. Most adults become familiar with the hangover symptoms while many do not realize the larger consequences of such familiar condition!
Symptoms and signs of a hangover
- Indeed, alcohol causes our body to produce more urine, also called polyuria. Consequently, polyuria may lead to dehydration which is often indicated by thirst, lightheadedness, and dizziness. Moreover, you will lose a lot of vitamins and nutrients in the urine during the night, especially Vitamins B and C. Additionally, alcohol interferes with the absorption of vitamin B1, thiamine. Hence, the relation comes from here!
- Alcohol irritates your stomach mucosal lining. Alcohol delays stomach emptying and augments the stomach acid. Any of these mechanisms may result in abdominal pain, nausea and/or vomiting.
- In addition, alcohol may cause your blood sugar to drop, also known as hypoglycemia, which leads to weakness, fatigue, shakiness, mood disturbances, and even seizures!
- Alcohol causes vasodilation, blood vessels expansion, and shrinking of the dura mater, a membrane surrounding your brain, which may lead to a headache.
- Alcohol can make you sleepy. Notwithstanding, it prevents you from being deeply slept and often causes awakenings in the middle of the night. This may leave you anxious, groggy or tired.
When you have a hangover, you may experience problems with memory, proficiency, and concentration. Unfortunately, this temporary dulling of your capabilities increases your risk of having some problems at work or school, such as having trouble in completing tasks, absenteeism, falling asleep at work or school, conflict with others, workplace injuries.
Supplementary doses of IV vitamin B-complex therapy are cheap and harmless. Say goodbye to acetaldehyde toxicity! And welcome to a relaxed sleep!
Blood Alcohol Metabolism
Indeed, we can increase the blood alcohol metabolism to water, CO2, and acetate in order to minimize the acetaldehyde molecular logjam via taking supplements such as vitamin B1.
In a recent study, a prophylactic dose of vitamin B6, also known as pyritinol, reduced the number of hangover symptoms by nearly the half! Seventeen women and men attended two parties and were asked to drink alcohol until becoming drunk. Then, 50% of participants received vitamin B6 while another 50% received placebo. At the next party, they crossed-over the two regimens. Subsequently, a survey of 20 hangover symptoms was used to evaluate the severity. On a scale of 1 to 10, the mean symptoms score was significantly different, 3.2 with vitamin B6 and 6.8 with placebo.
Moreover, a study conducted in Denmark found that people had fewer hangover symptoms if they took vitamin B6 before, during, and just after drinking.
It is noteworthy that IV vitamin B-complex is an efficacious and safe way to enhance the energy and increase the metabolism. Also, it is a great way as well to correct B vitamin deficiency, boost total body wellness and enhance your nervous system!
We use the best type of vitamin B-complex, to assure that our customers will have the best effective treatment available! With IV vitamin B-complex therapy, most people observe overall well-being and increased energy within a few minutes of receiving the therapy.
Other benefits you can get from our IV vitamin B-complex therapy
- Enhanced neurological status
- Getting rid of fatigue
- Augmented production of red blood cells
- Enhanced metabolism
As long as you take the recommended approved dose, you will dispose of your hangover while having no toxic side effects at all from this IV therapy!
Providing a secure, sterilized, and standard surrounding environment to our clients is our headmost priority! Thus, we take every caution to assure that the best levels of safety are maintained while you receive our IV therapy.
Hangover Study Stanford
Protection against Acetaldehyde Toxicity in the rat byl-cysteine, thiamin andl-2-Methylthiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid
A double-blind comparison of pyritinol and placebo in preventing hangover symptoms.
The Rare Medical Condition That Makes You Drunk Without Drinking